Wednesday, January 11, 2012

T-Shirt Scarf

I was looking for a fun craft to use t-shirts and found a couple of fun ways to turn them into scarves.  This was my favorite.

First you will need:
T-shirt (I used a men's XL but you can use smaller sizes.  The scarf will just be less full)
Paper plate 81/2 inches wide
Scissors
Washable marker
Ruler
(not shown)
Sewing machine or fabric glue


 Lay the shirt flat and trace as many circles on it.  Shirts without a logo work best.


Cut out your circles.  You will be cutting two circles out at a time from the front of the shirt and the back.
I also like to keep the bottom of the shirt for making a flower clip (maybe next post)


You are going to be cutting the circles into a spiral.  I start at an edge and cut into the circle until the strip is about 2 inches wide.  I use my ruler so that I can see what 2 inches looks like.  These don't have to be perfect just close.  Continue cutting around until you reach the middle.  Cut all your circles into spirals.



Separate your two circles and lay them end to end using the middle of the circles. 



Separate the next set of circles and lay them end on end and them place them on top of  the first separated circles.  Continue this until you have stacked all you circles on top of each other.  You can see that I stagger the way they lay.


I finish the scarf by sewing the pieces together right where they meet in the middle.  If you don't sew you could use fabric glue to put the pieces together.






Enjoy a fashionable fun scarf.


No comments:

Post a Comment