Thursday, January 5, 2012

Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Dinner tonight is broccoli cheddar soup.  I looked up quite a few recipes before I finally made up my own from all the different recipes that I tried.

Ingredients:
1/2 c onion or 2 T dried onion
4 c. chopped broccoli
8 c. chicken broth
1 lb. loaf Velveeta
1/2 T. garlic
2/3 c. corn starch
1 c. water
2 c. milk
(Not Pictured)
Large Pot
Blender
Cutting board
Colander
Knife




Add milk to blender


 Cut cheese into cubes and add to milk.

 

Add the water, corn starch, garlic and onions to the blender and mix well.




 

Wash broccoli and cut into small florets.



 Put broth and broccoli into a large pot.  Bring pot to a low boil put lid on. Cook at low for 20 min.




My kids don't like large chunks of broccoli in their soup so I take the broccoli out of the broth when it is cooked and blend it in with the cheese mixture.  Add the cheese mixture to the broth and boil on low until thick.  Serve hot.




Perfect dinner for a cold winter day.












No comments:

Post a Comment